If you don’t want to try the methods mentioned above, you can restore your system, if you have created system restore points. If you are prompted by “Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by … Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? Press any key to continue when “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears. The wizard will now run and hopefully identify and fix the problem causing your error. If this doesn’t work, you may wish to try manually fixing your Master Boot Record (MBR), although Startup Repair should do this automatically.
If you want to disable updates entirely from Windows 10, you should use these instructions. If you want to use specific drivers, you can configure Windows 10 to prevent drivers delivery through Windows Update, and here’s how to do it.
Windows registry backup and restore
In that case, checking and fixing your hard drive errors may solve the problem. For this purpose, Windows has a powerful built-in utility SFC. So, when your laptop keeps saying repairing disk errors, then it means that there is something wrong with the boot disk. Thus, your system is unable to boot from that particular disk. These errors are mostly the case of a virus or malware attack, inappropriate shutdown, immediate power breakdown, bad sectors, etc.
- Using this option will force the repair of the Registry from the beginning, skipping the scanning stage altogether.
- Also, REG files are easy to read, so you won’t have any problems deciphering the results.
- If you don’t really have a DDL file, then research the file extension that is attached to the end of your file.
- Christian also produces MakeUseOf’s weekly show, the Really Useful Podcast.
- You have to export the Registry to its current location before effecting the changes, and this exported data will serve as a Registry backup when needed.
- In many ways, the registry can be thought of as a kind of DNA for the Windows operating system.
Open the Settings app in Windows 10 by clicking the Start button and selecting the gear icon. When the Settings window opens, click windll.com/dll/microsoft-corporation/d3dx10-43 Update & security. Now, your computer will download updated automatically when you are connected to that network.
DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files on your PC contain functions and codes that programs use to perform specific tasks. If some of these files are missing or corrupt, try re-registering them on your system to fix the ‘No such interface supported’ error in Windows.
One of the above fixes will resolve your I/O device error, allowing you access to your data once more. Here are five ways to fix an I/O device error, without losing any files in the process.